Medina County SPCA News
HORSES IN NEED:
In the past couple months the SPCA has responded to an unusually large number of calls regarding horses in need. many of the calls are due to families loosing their homes and the high cost of hay. The SPCA has a policy of always accepting any of our past adoptions back into our shelter system if the owner can no longer care for the animal. Due to this policy many of the horses that the SPCA adopted out in the past 10 years are finding themselves in need. We currently have around 10 of our horses waiting to come to our barn. This presents a major problem for us. We need to build more stalls at our barn. The process is starting immediately........so what can you do?? We are in need of more supplies to care for these animals. If you can donate any of the following we would be very grateful. You can drop off horse donations at our shelter during the day any time from 8-5.
- Good quality feed
- Aluminum garbage cans with lids ( to store feed)
- Senior Feed
- Alfalfa cubes
- Horse treats
- Sheep/goat feed
- Horse/pony and mini blankets
- Gift cards to Tractor Supply
- Gift certificates from Wellington Equine Services
- Salt/mineral blocks- small for stalls
- Halters, leads, any type of gear for horses.
- Good quality horse hay.
- Monetary donations to pay for our stalls can be sent directly to SPCA or made via paypal by clicking on the donate link on the front page.
Please stop by our facility at 245 S. Medina Street and visit our Retail Store. We have many dog and cat related items for sale as well as our SPCA Hoodies, Zip-Up Hoodie Sweatshirts, and T-shirts. We have fun cat and dog related T's for sale too.
You can also find our items on our website, just click on our on-line store at Cafe-Press