The question is not 'Can they reason?' nor 'Can they talk?' but rather 'Can they suffer?'
- Jeremy Bentham
Every day a dog is left to starve, a cat is struck by a vehicle and is left injured on the side of the road or a horse is on the verge of dying due to lack of shelter, food, or veterinary care.
Not in our community? Think again.
At Medina County SPCA, we have been committed to sheltering and finding homes for abandoned, abused, neglected and injured animals in Medina County for over 26 years. In 2011 alone, our facility rescued over 1250 animals that required services ranging from significant medical treatment to the need for a stable, loving new home.
In addition to our core values, we also serve our community with the following programs:
In order to sustain and impact the next 25 years, we need your help. As an independent non-profit organization with little to no financial assistance from any county programs or national rescue missions, our future and the future of animal welfare depends on you; the caring, compassionate donors of Medina County and beyond.
So become a ray of hope in an abused animal's life and protect those that cannot protect themselves!
To get involved today, call the Medina County SPCA at 330-723-7722 or click here for more information.
The ASPCA/Rachel Ray 100K Challenge ended October 31st.
We did it! We exceeded our numbers to beat for the Challenge and we couldn't have done it without all of our great volunteers, employees and adopters. THANK YOU!
Medina County SPCA In the News
WE ARE IN DESPERATE NEED OF HORSE HAY......PLEASE CALL US IF YOU CAN HELP
- Canned food for kittens and adult cats (Friskies, Fancy Feast, Science Diet)
- Canned food for puppies and adult dogs (Pro Plan, Pedigree, Science Diet)
- Science Diet "Small Bites" puppy and adult for our smaller breed dogs
- Kitten & puppy replacement milk (GNC, KMR, Esbilac)
- Pellet or non-clumping, fragrance free clay litter
- Aluminum roasting pans, small and large
- Cat & dog toys
- Horse gates
- Horse, goat and sheep feed
- Good quality hay for the winter
- Paper towels
- Gift cards (pet stores, office supply stores, gas stations)