HELP US GET A MUCH BETTER SHELTER!
We have an amazing opportunity to buy a 13 acre property with a state-of-the-art kennel on the premises. With a few upgrades, we can bring all our rescue animals to one site and provide a substantially healthier and happier environment for the abused, neglected and homeless animals we serve.
CLICK HERE for more info!
INCLUDE THE NUMBER OF PETS THAT ARE ATTENDING.
The question is not 'Can they reason?' nor 'Can they talk?' but rather 'Can they suffer?'
- Jeremy Bentham
Every day a dog is left to starve,
Not in our community?
At Medina County SPCA, we have been committed to sheltering
In addition to our core values, we also serve our community
In order to sustain and impact the next 25 years, we need
So become a ray of hope in an abused animal's life and
To get involved today,
Sign up today for the 2015 Paws for the Cause!
Ways to Donate!
Click on this link to get started:
- Canned food for kittens and adult cats (Friskies, Fancy Feast, 9-Lives)
- Canned food for puppies and adult dogs (Pro Plan, Pedigree, Alpo)
- Pedigree, Iams, Purina One - Regular sized or "Small Bites" for puppy and adult dogs
- Purina Cat & Kitten Chow dry for our cats and kittens
- Kitten replacement milk (GNC, KMR, Just Born, PetLac-NO HARTZ PLEASE)
- Pellet or non-clumping, fragrance free clay litter
- Aluminum roasting pans, small and large
- Small paper boats available at GFS
- Cat & dog toys
- Horse, goat and sheep feed (we purchase Safe Choice)
- Good quality hay
- Paper towels
- Gift cards (pet stores, office supply stores, gas stations, TSC, WalMart)
DID YOU KNOW . . . Our Emergency Rescue Team needs equipment?
If you would like to donate or sponsor the following equipment, please contact our Humane Officer, Mary Jo Johnson, at 330-723-7722.
Items under $100:
- Disposable Tyvek Coverall Suits (to protect our team from hazardous materials and diseases)
- ACO's Friend Cable Lead (to help field capture animals in need of our care)
- Snappy Snare (to help field capture animals in need of our care)
Items $100 - $300:
- Freeman Cage Nets (to help field capture smaller animals in need of our care)
- Survivair Optifit Gas Masks (to protect our team from toxins in the air, including ammonia)
Items $400 - $900
Body Armor (to protect our Humane Officer)DONATED!
- Body Camera (like the police officers use, to record abuse situations and interactions with suspects)
- Draeger Pac 7000 NH3 Gas Monitor (to determine the level of ammonia in an enclosed area for cruelty prosecutions and for the safety of our team)
Items $1,000 +
- Livestock Trailer with ramp load (to transport large rescued animals like horses)