The question is not 'Can they reason?' nor '
Can they talk?' but rather 'Can they suffer?'
- Jeremy Bentham
Every day a dog is left to starve, a cat is struck by a vehicle and is left injured on the side of the road or a horse is on the verge of dying due to lack of shelter, food, or veterinary care.
Not in our community? Think again.
At Medina County SPCA, we have been committed to sheltering and finding homes for abandoned, abused, neglected and injured animals in Medina County for over 26 years. In 2011 alone, our facility rescued over 1250 animals that required services ranging from significant medical treatment to the need for a stable, loving new home.
In addition to our core values, we also serve our community with the following programs:
In order to sustain and impact the next 25 years, we need your help. As an independent non-profit organization with little to no financial assistance from any county programs or national rescue missions, our future and the future of animal welfare depends on you; the caring, compassionate donors of Medina County and beyond.
So become a ray of hope in an abused animal's life and protect those that cannot protect themselves!
Rescue Tech - on call 2-3 nights per week and Saturday mornings
Email all resumes to: email@example.com
The 11th Annual
PAWS FOR THE CAUSE RACE RESULTS ARE IN! Click Here.
Save the Date! 2014 Paws for the Cause will be held October 25th.
Thank you to our 2013 Paws for the Cause Sponsors:
Holland and Muirden Attorneys at Law, The Medina Gazette, The City of Medina, Sandridge Food Corporation, Party Plus Taylor Rental Broadview Heights, Akron Veterinary Referral & Emergency Center, Atelier Design Advertising and Graphic Design, Good Vibrations Special Event DJs and Entertainment, C:DOX Marketing and Apparel, Rustic Hills Country Club, Warner Communications Ltd., Pease and Associates Certified Public Accountants, Dennis J. Schirripa D.D.S. General Dentistry, Medina Family Chiropractic and Medina Lighting.
Medina SPCA In the News
- Canned food for kittens and adult cats (Friskies, Fancy Feast, Science Diet)
- Canned food for puppies and adult dogs (Pro Plan, Pedigree, Science Diet)
- Science Diet, Iams, Pedigree, etc. "Small Bites" puppy and adult for our smaller breed dogs
- Good quality dry cat and dog food (Purina One, ProPlan, Iams, Exclusive, Blue Buffalo, Nutro, Wellness, Science Diet)
- Kitten replacement milk (GNC, KMR, Just Born, PetLac)
- Pellet or non-clumping, fragrance free clay litter
- Aluminum roasting pans, small and large
- Cat & dog toys
- Horse, goat and sheep feed (we purchase Safe Choice)
- Good quality hay for the winter
- Paper towels
- Gift cards (pet stores, office supply stores, gas stations)